Owners are often bombarded with information about people foods that are dangerous for dogs. It’s certainly important to avoid these harmful foods (chocolate, grapes, etc.), but not all people foods are off-limits. In fact, some people foods are actually nutritious for dogs!
Below are five foods that are safe for canine tummies:
1. Carrots: Carrots are full of fiber and make a great low-cal treat! Be sure to choose baby carrots or chop regular carrots up into manageable pieces.
2. Salmon: The omega 3 fatty acids in salmon are a major immune system booster and will help keep your dog’s coat shiny and healthy.
3. Eggs: You may never have thought to scramble up a couple eggs for your canine companion, but protein rich eggs make a highly digestible snack!
4. Pumpkin: Pumpkin is a fantastic source of vitamin A and beta carotene. A little canned pumpkin (no spices or sugar) might help if your dog is having digestive issues.
5. Apple Slices: As long as your dog doesn’t have access to the seeds or the core, apples can be a healthy canine snack. Give your dog a few slices for an extra dose of vitamin A, vitamin B, and fiber.
Remember, if you ever have any questions or concerns about your dog’s diet, be sure to consult with a veterinarian.