Do you ever feel like spoiling your dog? You could take him on a special walk or a ride in the car, but if your dog is like mine, he loves treats. He usually loves Greenies treats but it’s obvious he sometimes gets bored of the same treats time after time. Homemade treats are very easy to make and my dog loves them. Not only are they healthy for him, but it’s a bonding experience for us as he sits at my feet anxiously awaiting his special treats while I make them. If you want to do something extra special for your dog and you have 30 minutes to spare, consider making your four legged pal some homemade treats!
Whether you’re an experienced baker or not the following treats are an easy and quick way to show your pooch some extra love:
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Tblspn. Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tspn. Tumeric
- 1/2 Tspn. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and peel sweet potato. Cut into long skinny french fry like pieces evenly sized.
- Toss sweet potato pieces with coconut oil and spices.
- Evenly distribute sweet potato pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip sweet potato pieces over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Frozen Apple Treats
- 2 Apples
- 1 Cup Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- Slice apples into small pieces removing the seeds and core.
- Mix the apple pieces with yogurt and a splash of water. Blend in a food processor or blender until ingredients form a liquid consistency.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for 3 hours or until hard.
- Enjoy and keep frozen!
Banana Almond Treats
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Almond Butter
- 1/3 Cup smashed banana
- 1 Tspn. Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Drop small nickel sized spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, rotate pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow treats to cool and enjoy!