Glyco-Flex is a nutritional supplement that has been recommended by veterinarians for almost 30 years to help treat arthritis and other forms of joint disease in dogs, cats, and horses. Glyco-Flex works because it contains active ingredients that reduce inflammation, lessen pain, improve the characteristics of joint fluid, and protect and rebuild cartilage within joints.
Green Lipped Mussels (Perna canaliculus) are at the heart of the entire Glyco-Flex product line. Green Lipped Mussels contain large amounts of glycosaminoglycans, chondroitin, omega-3 fatty acids, and other compounds that all work together to promote joint health and comfort.
Green Lipped Mussels are the only active ingredient in Glyco-Flex Classic, which is ideally suited for use as a preventative measure. With active joint disease, veterinarians typically recommend owners start moving up through the product line. Glyco-Flex I is designed for mild joint problems, Glyco-Flex II for moderate disease, and Glyco-Flex III is the best options for pets that need maximal joint support. All of these products contain Green Lipped Mussels but also include other supplements that improve joint disease, including:
- Glucosamine – Glucosamine is a precursor to the glycosaminoglycans needed to produce a variety of compounds involved in maintaining tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and joint fluid.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) – MSM is a source of sulfur that is used by the body to build and repair cartilage.
- N,N-Dimethylglycine HCI (DMG) – DMG is a type of amino acid that appears to improve inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that counteracts the cellular damage caused by antioxidants and lessens inflammation.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C reduces inflammation, is a potent antioxidant, and helps to produce the collagen needed to build and maintain cartilage, ligaments, and tendons.
- Manganese – Manganese is a trace mineral that plays a role the formation of cartilage and bone.
- Grape Seed Extract – Grape seed extract contains flavonoids, which can act as antioxidants to prevent and treat cell damage caused by inflammation.
- Glutathione – Glutathione is formed through a combination of three amino acids and is involved in tissue building and repair and has been called the mother of all antioxidants.
- Selenium – Selenium is a trace mineral that acts as an antioxidant, particularly in combination with vitamin E.
The Glyco-flex line of nutritional supplements provides joint support at multiple levels to meet the needs of every pet.