St. Patrick’s Day is this Saturday and it’s time to celebrate! You may typically eat corned beef and cabbage for dinner, but unfortunately due to the high sodium content, sharing it with your dog can be very dangerous. To keep your pooch safe, why not make a special treat especially for them? Even if you and your dog aren’t Irish you can still have a blast whipping up a special St. Patty’s Day treat for him or her.
The following two recipes are a delicious alternative for your four legged fur baby:
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the water, egg, and coconut oil. Fold in the flour and mix until dough forms. Once dough is formed add the parsley and mint to the mixture until combined.
- Roll out the dough and cut out shapes with your choice of cookie cutter. Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the treats cool and enjoy!
Green Bean Snackies
- 5 cups frozen, cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss green beans in olive oil and spread evenly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake green beans for 20-30 minutes. For extra, added crunch, turn your oven broiler on low during the last 5 minutes of baking and toss as needed to ensure beans don’t burn.
- Allow the beans to cool and serve.