Feeling extra festive and wanting to do something special for your pooch? Look no further! Why not whip up some easy to make home made treats for your sweet pal? It will get you both in the holiday spirit and make your home smell amazing. Not only will your pooch love the taste of the following recipes, but you’ll love the way the treats make their breath smell minty fresh!
MINT APPLE TREATS
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons chopped spearmint leaves
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 7/8 cup water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Roll dough 1/4” thick on a flat surface with a rolling pin. Use cookie cutter of your choice to cut dough into shapes. Place onto a non-stick cookie sheet 1″ apart.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes checking periodically to ensure they don’t over brown.
- Allow treats to cool and enjoy! Treats will keep for 3 months in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons xylitol free peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, molasses, peanut butter, water, olive oil, and peppermint until smooth.
- Roll dough 1/4” thick on a floured surface. Cut dough with cookie cutters of your choice and place on a non-stick cookie sheet 1” apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool treats on wire rack and serve! Treats will keep for 1 month in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
If you’re not up for baking any treats for your fur baby, that’s okay. Check out these doggy approved treats!